Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Club News and Information

DATES FOR YOUR DIARY

OUTDOOR FIXTURES

Tuesday 23rd August Friendly Away to Castle Hedingham at 2:30pm

Sunday 4th September Durham Cup Final Sudbury v Stoke by Clare at Castle Hedingham BC at 2:00pm

Tuesday 6th September Home to Ladies Charity Day at 10:00am

Thursday 8th September Friendly Home to Gravesend Bowls Club at 2:00pm

Saturday 10th September Sudbury Outdoor Finals Time TBA

Sunday 11th September Sudbury Outdoor Finals Time TBA

Wednesday 14th September Friendly Home to Courtaulds Ladies at 2:30pm

Friday 23rd September Outdoor Club AGM at 7:00pm

Saturday 24th September Closing of the Green at 2:00pm

INDOOR FIXTURES

Sunday 19th March Men's Suffolk County League Final at Sudbury BC at 10:00am

Sunday 26th March Mixed Suffolk County League Final at Sudbury BC at 10:00am

Saturday 15th April Suffolk County Competition Semi Finals at Sudbury BC at 10:00am

Sunday 16th April Suffolk County Competition Finals at Sudbury BC at 10:00am 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

End of Season Results and Final Tables for North Essex Federation Triples and Steeple Bumpstead Pairs are now available to view. 

Suffolk County Triples and Sudbury Mixed Triples Results and Tables are available.

________________________________________________________________________________

Marking and Measuring

Thankyou everyone who has marked a game this season.  Having done markers course many years ago I am willing to help club members who would like to improve their marking and measuring skills.

I am aware that some members having watched 'Potters' on TV are confusing the roles of Markers and Umpires, in order to answer any questions, you may have in this respect I will be at the Club on Thursday 18th August at 10:30am when I hope to help members to improve their marking and measuring including rink etiquette.

I look forward to meeting you.

Jacquie Edgar 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Congratulations to Eileen Parker and Jacquie Edgar of Sudbury Bowls Club on reaching the English Federation National Championships at Skegness in late August, Eileen and Jacquie will be representing North Essex County Federation in the Pairs and Senior Pairs Competitions. Jacquie Edgar will also be in the Senior Singles.

Sudbury Bowls Club wish both girls the very best of luck and a successful week of competition.       

The Outdoor Competitions have now been drawn; they can be viewed on the Competition Notice Board and also on this Website.  

Phil Dickinson     

Let's be safe out their people and continue to wear a mask when shopping and socializing in public places please.  Covid has not gone away.

Happy bowling to one and all and stay safe.

___________________________________________________________________________________

SUDBURY OUTDOOR BOWLS CLUB FINALS

DATE TIME COMPETITION PLAYERS V PLAYERS.

SEPTEMBER

SATURDAY 10th

SUNDAY 11th

LADIES 4 WOOD SINGLES

v

LADIES 2 WOOD SINGLES

v

Jacquie Edgar

LADIES DRAWN PAIRS

Eileen Parker & Jean Shaw

v

Gaby Moore & Sue Baker